Quality Designer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 160894
Position Title: Quality Designer II
Quality Designers are specialized in key domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and actively knowledge share across the organization, have a strong Quality from a consumer perspective, strong advocate and influencer in game design and implementation decisions.
Quality Designer collects, analyzes and uses data to guide their daily decisions. Key items to focus include game balance and tuning, features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/synthesize data.
• Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics and regularly utilizes them when doing research and providing feedback.
• Reviews with other Designers/partners the overall impact of game features and their influence on key game metric; provides risk-analysis to development if/when necessary.
• Utilizes external telemetry data and works with SETs/Analysts to make franchise engineering decisions for future titles or for titles in development\iteration where data is available.
• Leverages deep understanding of the game features and systems to help review and provide feedback on what telemetry will be valuable to the game team post launch.
• Identifies, proposes and implements viable process and measurement solutions within team.
• Articulates trends in a relevant community. Understands what the community wants and expects from a type of game and incorporates that understanding into feedback.
• Breaks down and provides an analysis of the competition. Identifies product differentiation and provides impact analysis.
• Is capable to translate End to End Customer experience into Test Strategies for a Product.
• Actively shares domain knowledge within team. Proactively seeks out knowledge within EA that may aid in task/work execution.
• Problem solving with peers. Mentors junior designers on problem solving.
• Begins to use critical thinking techniques to analyze, synthesize and evaluate information.
• Provides task breakdown, planning, dependencies and time estimates for his/her own assignments.
• Provides input to management team to assist decision making; helps assess project impact of available options.
• Understands key projects issues and articulates those to key stakeholders.
• Uses basic problem-solving techniques (i.e., understands inputs and outputs, uses hypothesis setting and testing, etc.) Works collaboratively with other analysts to solve problems.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
• 8+ years of experience in Quality Assurance, Product/Data Analysis or comparable development environment.
• Expertise in various data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
• Understanding of quality assurance techniques, testing & automation frameworks and various test methodologies.
• Data-oriented personality.
• Agile and Games industry experience is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-29 18:41:19.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.