C++ Software Engineer Co-Op (Fall 2020 - 8 Month Term)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160888
Position Title: Intern General
Video Game Engineering is intellectually demanding work. Our software engineers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from path finding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more. We need your help to come up with creative solutions.
Specifically, we are seeking Software Engineers who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation systems, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Graphical rendering, networking, user interface, memory & performance optimization on cutting edge computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, video & audio tools, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general purpose game development libraries.
For Game Mechanics, Core Engine, Tools and Libraries:
- C and C# also helpful
- Object oriented design & implementation
- Knowledge or Experience with common data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with multi-threaded, real time systems
- Passionate about new cutting edge technology (mobile, gadgets, etc…)
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Good communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of real-time rendering techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of client-server software architecture, networking and/or database is an asset
- Self-starter who can work with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, platforms, and game areas
- The best candidates will have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
And of course - enjoys working (and playing!) in a dynamic, cutting edge environment
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer Co-Op (Fall 2020 - 8 Month Term)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-30 17:27:00.737
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.