Director, Respawn Community Management
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160801
Position Title: Director, Global Community Engagement
Director, Respawn Community Management
The Director, Respawn Community Management will lead the management and strategy for the community team at Respawn Entertainment and is responsible for developing social strategy, social activation, developer communications and player feedback management for Respawn studio channels as well as Respawn game channels. This role will lead and grow a team of diverse community experts as well as partner with EA Community, Influencer and Communications teams to create a world class and collaborative partnership that is focused on creating an authentic and direct relationship with players worldwide.
As part of this role, the Director, will partner with a global team of Respawn and EA Community Managers with a focus on delivering on engagement standards that:
- Spark the Community to passionately create and converse about our games across all corners of the internet in an authentic way
- Purposefully engaging players in real-time with a creative engine developing authentic and compelling creative voice and light weight content
- Consistently creating trust with players and igniting interest in our games through transparent and purposeful communications
We are looking for candidates with deep experience working with development studios, expertise in communications and management passion that can level up those that work for and besides them. A passion for gaming is a must with a deep level of empathy and understanding of the players who play them.
- Develop a global strategy for engaging and developing long-term relationships with Respawn’ player community
- Oversee and manage a team of community and social media experts that drive our communication with players on studio and game channels
- Handle highly sensitive Community or Player-related crisis communications with partners across the organization.
- Build and maintain a strong network of partners both in studio and around the broader organization to help drive the community plans with development, marketing and central community team
- Partner with Community and Marketing teammates to ensure community social and development programs are aligned with the global brand and activation plans
- Partner with development team on research and insights from the community that help inform key features and game development decisions.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Passion for video games and experience playing EA games.
- 10-12 years’ experience working in online community, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of team management experience in global, cross-functional environments.
- Ability to handle highly visible and time sensitive crisis communications asks and work as an effective partner across multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to wide audiences.
- Conscientious and highly motivated team player.
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Motivated to learn new things about players and driven to improve their experience.
- Ability to objectively interpret player feedback and make actionable recommendations to the development and marketing teams
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Respawn Community Management
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-22 16:18:53.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.