Java Software Developer - FUT
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160750
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
As Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (Java with SQL)
- Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend service creating new features and updating existing ones
- Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment
- Work with multiple clients working on multiple different platforms who use the features you create to complete user facing features
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- 4 or more years’ experience developing software in Java
- 2 or more years’ experience working on online services/severs (HTTP via REST)
- Strong working knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL preferred)
- Knowledge of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit)
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Java Software Developer - FUT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-23 16:25:11.82
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.