Director, Marcom Activation
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 160741
Position Title: Director, Campaign Management
Marcom Activation Director, EA European Studios
Leads the global marketing activation team responsible for the development, execution and measurement of integrated omni-channel, marketing activations for a portfolio of titles, with a focus on building player relationships and delivering on commercial goals worldwide. This role will work on titles made by our European studios (DICE, Criterion and external partners in Europe), including the Battlefield and Need for Speed franchises.
- Direct the global, consumer-facing marketing: Leads the team of global Activation leaders responsible for driving the consumer-facing marketing activations across channels in order to deliver on campaign goals and strategies.
- Drive coherent, consistent and compelling player journeys: Works with team to develop global activation plans, ensuring cohesion across territories, across partners; helping teams to remove any barriers to timely, coherent execution.
- Partner to Marcom Strategy: Primary Activation intersection with Marcom Strategist inform single Marcom Strategy for titles in the portfolio.
- Represents Marcom Activation at MP&A Atomic Unit level: Empowered to make decisions on behalf of Activation with senior leaders across MP&A
- Inspire a cross-functional team of marketers: Inspire an unassailable sense of shared purpose across functional teams and equip, empower and enable solution-oriented creative progress.
- Problem-solve: Collaborate with partner teams within and outside of Marcom to alleviate obstacles to timely, quality player-facing executions
- Connect marketing activation with product and business deliverables: Equip teams with reasons to believe and align campaign execution with development and business goals.
- Manage global marketing budget: Allocate and manage deployment of annual franchise marketing budgets, optimizing investments throughout the year according to campaign and channel performance.
- Oversee Creation of the Marketing Activation Roadmap: Accountable for teams’ creation of integrated marketing activation plans inclusive of multiple channels – both owned and partner – and aligned to business objectives and strategies.
- Drive Seamless Player Journeys: Understand and leverage channel and player insights to create cohesive player journey plans and ensure flawless execution across the channels.
- Manage the Budget Control Document: Establish fiscal year budget allocations for portfolio marketing budgets. Update budget documents for quarterly estimates. Drive monthly budget review meetings with stakeholders.
- Foster Team Development: Ensure your direct reports’ efforts work to further the established Marcom team goals. Invest in individual development of team members, including providing guidance and support of annual goals as well as long-term development plans. Engage in regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports and provide feedback in quarterly conversations with a focus on performance and career development.
- Drive Rhythm of Business: Ensure cohesive communication and collaboration among the Marcom Activation team and with key stakeholders. Establish communication touchpoints on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure visibility and proactive communication of Activation plans and performance.
- Establish the KPI Scorecard for the campaign: Work with Insights & Analytics, Global Publishing and Channel Marketing teams to quantify and qualify success metrics.
- Identify, celebrate and implement learnings from beats and retrospectives: Partner with GAI in the development of hypotheses and insights and work with Channel teams to validate or invalidate to inform future optimization.
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for activation success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments or roles.
- Collaborative Leadership: Share expertise and resource to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
- Communication: Craft multi-channel marketing considerations into a coherent whole. Express clear, inspirational player journeys. Share ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
- Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
- Seasoned marketer with 10+ years of experience leading global marketing teams, with the capacity to manage teams in remote locations
- Experience in videogames or similar dynamic sports/entertainment environments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets
- Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels, including executive teams
- Ability to create successful marketing campaign outcomes based on business goals and strategies
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Understanding of evolving consumer engagement and channel opportunities
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Marcom Activation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-17 23:39:51.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.