Senior Software Engineering Manager – Frostbite Rendering
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160602
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine that empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming! We achieve this by developing new engine features and outstanding tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working with teams across EA to create amazing games.
You will be a part of our global rendering team, driving the technology forward to power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games.
Our team in Vancouver focuses on the low-level aspect of our supported platforms, applying new graphics hardware and APIs in efficient and creative ways.
The Senior Engineering Manager role
As a Senior Engineering Manager on Frostbite you will
- Coach and grow individuals by providing positive and constructive feedback
- Assist individuals in their long-term career growth
- Coach teams to use agile principles and practices
- Foster a healthy and productive work environment
- Manage the execution and delivery of projects
- Work with Technical Directors, Product Owners, Program Managers and other Engineering Managers.
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Experience coaching teams and individuals in agile development practices
- Experience from project management
- Software engineering background
- Experience from game development
- Understanding of modern computer graphics hardware, drivers and APIs.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about ourgreat perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager – Frostbite Rendering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-06 16:46:51.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.