Consumer Insights Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160528
Position Title: Manager, Research
Consumer Insights Manager
At EA, we strive to inspire the world to play. On Consumer Insights, we are looking for a manager who will inspire researchers to reach their full potential and drive impactful work across our business.
This position is a unique role as Consumer Insights Manager leading our Research Center of Excellence, focused on coaching research analysts in their careers, designing and overseeing best practices, implementing large-scale research programs, and overseeing cross-functional project implementation.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Insights, this person will have demonstrated experience managing people and leading successful, complex consumer research projects by collaborating with diverse functional teams.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our team members and our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
The CI Manager will work with...
- Our Research Center of Excellence - you’ll oversee a diverse set of researchers as they lead and support various types of market research: both standard approaches and custom work, title-specific and cross-industry, independent and partnered with other leaders.
- The broader Consumer Insights team - a close-knit team of 20+ insights professionals focused on improving our games throughout development, marketing, and live service.
- Other members across Analytics and Research - we work together to develop a cross-functional ‘voice of the player’ that leverages other areas of expertise (e.g. data science, telemetry analytics, user experience, social listening).
- EA’s studios and central leadership - we partner closely with decision-makers and thought-leaders on choices for most of our titles, as well as driving knowledge on key topics affecting the gaming industry.
In a typical week, this person will…
- Manage, coach, and develop team of research analysts to their full potential
- Drive trainings, meeting content, and workload priorities for your team of researchers
- Oversee research relationships with external vendors and internal partners across multiple time zones in Europe and North America
- Set standards on best practices for research approaches and methodologies
- Lead collaboration with other areas of the business on strategic projects
- Develop and oversee tools and programs that drive efficiency and accessibility of player insights, through partnering with other departments (e.g. data science, engineering, sample deployment teams)
- Lead relevant and timely research that drives business outcomes on foundational topics
- Communicate findings to a broad variety of stakeholders in a clear way
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
- Team leader. You’re passionate about developing individuals in their careers, providing a safe space for growth and learning, able to oversee others’ work and provide feedback.
- You have a track record of connecting the dots, providing context, and planning for the future. You have experience leading a team and driving initiatives.
- Scrappy. You’re comfortable with a dynamic atmosphere and can dive in to problem-solve or change tactics as needed.
- Collaborative. You’re accustomed to working with and influencing people (employees, partners, stakeholders) from many different backgrounds, cultures, and skill sets.
- Proactive. You are a self-starter, you’re enthusiastic to drive improvement and affect meaningful change, and you spot problems but focus on solutions.
- 6+ years experience with:
- Direct experience in the market research industry (preferred: some experience within research agency)
- Demonstrated history of managing people and fostering career growth; strong leadership and coaching abilities
- Knowledge of multiple research methodologies, both qual and quant
- Bachelor’s degree (anything more is a plus, but not required)
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Insights Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-27 15:16:20.063
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.