Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160510
Position Title: DD I
EA Create Capture is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. Our content is generated through different services which encompass motion capture, performance capture, facial animation, head scanning and body scanning for video game titles developed by Electronic Arts (EA).
We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
What a Producer does at Capture:
As a member of the Development Director family at EA, Capture Producers are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the game team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. They are ‘what good looks like’ when it comes to soft skills. They must partner closely with stakeholders from the game team that span multiple disciplines to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget. Producers report to the Head of Production at EA Create Capture. The Producers are experienced in live production, animation and post-production; often achieved through a career in video game project management, film, television, sound, post or theater production offices.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you need to be great at the following:
Live Production Abilities:
- Understand what Motion Capture is and can demonstrate that knowledge by telling us about it.
- Adept at handling a changing production environment, often in the moment, making decisions quickly while balancing risk, budget, schedule and quality.
- Have experience in a high-tech environment, that may have been combined with a live production environment.
- Have on set experience, know and demonstrate ‘what good looks like’ for on-set etiquette, understand production principles and paperwork involved with producing a live action shoot.
- Experienced a workplace with custom tools/software, and have a demonstrable proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Have planned complex travel and logistics for both people and equipment.
- Organized and wrangled casting, talent bookings, talent needs on set, and complete talent agreements / payroll paperwork.
- Willing and able to travel for work.
- Build and evolve team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Develop working relationships with game teams, and external partners that have an effect on the successful completion of the project.
- Provide line management to employees across disciplines within the project team.
- Maintain regular communication with game team and coordinate dependencies with external partners.
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements.
Project Management Abilities:
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production.
- Determine the resource requirements to complete the tasks.
- Establish a project budget, determine task requirements, and assign tasks to team resources.
- Monitor and control the spending on a project to maximize the value of the work performed.
- 8 years’ entertainment production management experience.
- University Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
Community / Marketing Title: Producer (Temporary)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-15 20:46:18.05
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.