Online Software Engineer (C++)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160500
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What an Online Engineer does at Criterion:
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to be part of the Criterion’s online team. Daily you will work in C++ that would cover our client, dedicated server and backend online services. You would own the end-to-end implementation of areas that could include match making, game invites and first party session management.
You will also have involvement in the creation or maintenance of some of our connected features including leader boards, clans and UGC sharing. Your team will be also involved with the systems test process and launch of our titles ensuring that the experiences we create are delivered safely to our players.
You will need:
- Many years experience using C++.
- Experience with MySQL (or similar database technologies).
- Experience with first party online systems.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery.
- Understanding of client server interaction and limitations.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with cloud deployment (preferably AWS).
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge C#.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or Mesos/Aurora
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer (C++)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-27 12:05:03.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.