Data Scientist II
Multiple Locations: Sacramento, California, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160325
Position Title: Data Scientist II
Capital Games seeks an experienced data scientist who is passionate about mobile games and making data actionable in live service management.
We use data to:
Capital Games is fast-paced and collaborative. As a Sr. Data Scientist, the game team will rely on you to design and implement data driven applications in a rapidly changing, live game environment. A successful candidate will have a strong ML background preferably in mobile live services, along with the ability to partner and communicate with a cross-functional team.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data exploration and visualization to tell the story behind numbers and find relevant insights for partners and leadership
- Aggregate and analyze large datasets to identify behavior trends using statistics, data mining techniques
- Develop and manage propensity models for spend and engagement and partner with Data Engineering to productionalize and maintain models
- Manage cohort segmentation and behavioral clustering models
- Lead efforts in experimentation for lifecycle management and game features (experimental design, sampling, success criteria)
- Develop anomaly tracking for fraud and cheating
- Develop business cases for new technologies needed to support ML applications
- Develop tools for more robust simulation and testing of design in game
- Respond to operational needs by providing ad hoc analytical support
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to determine product requirements
Skills / Requirements:
- 3+ years business or data analysis experience; preferred experience from gaming industry
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering), required
- Experience in quantitative analysis. Visualization platform experience is a plus (Looker, Tableau, Chartio etc)
- Strong background in experimental design and A/B test implementation
- Experience managing advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using data mining technologies
- Strong SQL skills and experience with big data stores (Hive/Hadoop, Big Query, AWS, Snowflake etc)
- Proficiency in Python or R and applied ML
- Strong quantitative, problem-solving skills
- Can explain insights to all kinds of audiences
- Strong capability to independently manage workload
- A true passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-10 20:25:19.55
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.