Senior Software Engineer
Location: Virginia, United States
Requisition Number: 160322
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Participate and drive vendor selection and POCs with cloud and other technology vendors
- Consult with studios and shared service teams on their cloud and TechOps needs
- Design and implement infrastructure services such as fleet inventory, configuration management, alert correlation frameworks, etc.
- Participate and drive operational and cloud initiatives across studios to help meet their elastic cloud needs
- Participate in the creation of the SRE discipline
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software or systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems internals and administration or networking.
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting complex distributed systems.
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or network automation.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Experience being on-call in high pressure situations.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-16 18:36:38.98
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.