Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160314
Position Title: Quality Designer I
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for excellent game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion Games is looking for a QA professional with extensive experience and passion for game technologies to join our team as a QA Lead for Technology. Reporting to the QA Project Manager, you will safeguard the quality of the development toolchains and oversee the testing of all technical game systems.
What a QA Lead (Technology) does at Criterion
QA Leads or Quality Designers as they are referred to internally are the most senior members of the analyst family equivalent to Project managers. Instead of leading people, Quality Designers are focused on owning significant game feature areas or systems. They are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing a necessary role in driving our craft forward. They will define and evolve testing procedures and for ensuring accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities by the wider QA team for their area(s) of ownership.
What you will do:
- QA owner for the development toolchain and technical game systems.
- Define and maintain the test strategy for the development toolchain all technical game systems, ensuring accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Develop and maintain an intimate understanding of the technical game systems and their associated requirements; proactively share details and updates with the wider QA team.
- Guide the identification and resolution of issues hindering development and QA productivity.
- Work with our remote test team to ensure high-quality service delivery for your area(s) of ownership.
- Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Guide the implementation and maintenance of automation and telemetry systems across the game.
- Interpret data from numerous sources to produce clear, relevant information, informing decisions to improve product quality and QA service delivery.
- Provide qualitative feedback.
- Work with partners across the business to ensure agreement.
- Identify and champion opportunities to improve and improve processes.
What you will have:
- A passion for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous extensive game or software development QA experience in a wide number of titles.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Experience with test automation.
- Experience with telemetry systems.
- Experience with white-box/grey-box testing techniques.
- Experience in peer coaching and mentoring.
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, DevTest, TestRail, Perforce or Git.
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools, such as Power Bi or Tableau.
- Experience with game engine editors, such as Frostbite, Unreal Engine, or Unity.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 16:30:50.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.