Software Engineer in Test (C++/C#)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160310
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 3
We are Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Opportunity Ahead
As a Software Engineer in Test with the Criterion Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organisation, you will help ensure that a game will always be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to guide the development of and set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation programs to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
To allow our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools and tests. This is where Quality Verification Engineering comes in. We are looking for someone who will promote our test coverage capabilities forward. As an embedded Software Engineer in Test, you will empower the entire QA and Game Team to raise the quality bar through the solutions that you create.
Are you someone who knows "we can do better", and has the will to walk that path? Then we want to hear from you.
What a Software Engineer in Test (SET) does for the QV team at Criterion
You will be an essential contributor to our automation efforts by collaboratively identifying areas suitable for testing, designing scripts, writing code and implementing these using our frameworks and tools. Being embedded means that you will work together with our developers and quality analysts to determine solutions which account for the unique demands that automating specific technology or software features brings.
Your role will improve the existing test methods and open up new capabilities for the entire team. The Frostbite engine is created to satisfy all possible demands of game makers, so you will help automate a plethora of areas, all the way from user-facing features to back-end technology. As an SET you will be an important part of the QV team. The work you do improves the quality process and capabilities of the entire group.
You will also:
- Lead the technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automated testing.
- Technically guide, inspire and empower other engineers on your team.
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
- Fix bugs raised from stabilisation, integration and production of your tests and tools.
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Code review peer developer’s code to ensure consistency and quality of code.
- Employ JIRA to organise and manage development tasks and backlog.
A Software Engineer in Test needs:
- Expertise with C# or C++ and solid computer science fundamentals in areas like algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members on a common code base using version control tools (e.g. Perforce, Git.)
- Mastery of automated testing services, systems and methodologies. With experience integrating and using such solutions for large-scale, automated software testing (preferably within games).
- Passion for our customers, partnerships and quality.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great benefits package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test (C++/C#)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 16:31:27.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.