Sr Data Analyst, EA Sports
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 160253
Position Title: Senior Analyst
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead:
Reporting to the EA Sports Mobile Analytics senior manager, you will help analyze data to improve the player experience for our Sports titles. You are a thoughtful, curious, and logical person who has a passion for diving into data. Your insights will help guide games and live services design to improve acquisition, retention, and monetization through partnerships with Dev Teams, Marketing and Global Analytics and Insights team members around the world.
What a Data Analyst does at EA:
- Conduct in-depth conversations with stakeholders (i.e., Producers, SE's, Designers, Marketing) to understand their questions, problems and insight needs.
- Work with large, distributed data sources to conduct analyses and produce strategic insights to help stakeholders make informed decisions regarding live content performance and feature investment.
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way.
- Provide guidance to product teams regarding data capture needs and ensure we have telemetry available to answer important questions.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Database Engineers to manage data requirements to support high-quality deliverables.
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering to company-wide best practices such as version control, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Play the game and know it from the inside out.
- BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. Ms is a plus.
- 3+ years of work experience in a prior analytical role, demonstrating expertise with data to guide decisions.
- Excellent SQL skills, Pluses include experience querying large datasets on Redshift, Presto and Splunk.
- R/Python data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling experience.
- Experience with a data visualization application such as Tableau.
- Automation experience using a scripting language like Python is a plus.
- Comfortable communicating with people at multiple levels of business and technical expertise.
- Knowledge/interest for EA Sports’ franchises is a plus.
- Experience shipping and supporting the live operations of a mobile game is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, employee stock purchase plan and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Data Analyst, EA Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-06 20:03:46.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.