Software Engineer - C++/Mobile
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160199
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA’s Quality Verification team is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Industrial Toys, an AAA mobile development team to support creating new experiences to reach mobile players around the world. Located in the vibrant neighborhood of Old Pasadena, Industrial Toys is growing and generating buzz in the mobile games industry.
You will report to the Sr. Software Engineering Manager and find unique solutions in quality and design through tools and automation. You will also help develop automation framework, setting up an automation platform, building performance metrics pipelines and improve our automation environment.
You will require a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build excellent relationships and communications channels.
If you are a well-rounded, and motivated software developer who can work on all portions of a technology stack, we want to meet you. Join us and help improving our games every day where you will be challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer. Check out this video for more information on the discipline: https://youtu.be/vr121jg7OVE
- 4+ years of professional development experience with OOP Languages, preferably C++
- 2+ years of professional experience with SDLC, STLC processes, software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and CI/CD processes.
- 1+ years of professional experience with RDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large data sets.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, data structures, and API design for extensibility and portability.
- A solution mindset to Identify automation opportunities, gaps in coverage and introduce new automation strategies into the development processes.
- Monitor product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Experience with source control management tools (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Experience developing working relationship both with onsite and offsite leadership, monitor requirements and suggest processes that present room for improvement
- Experience working and communicating with large, diverse, and distributed teams to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with iOS or Android software development.
- Experience with large-scale game engines (e.g., UE4 )
- Experience with software scripting skills (e.g., Python)
- Ownership, solid drive, and experience leading people to their goals.
- Hold CSM, CSPO, A-CSPO, PMP or other Agile/Scrum and management certifications.
Scope and Influence:
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment, own and improve reliable tools and platforms
- Manage and extend automation frameworks and processes used across studios
- Instrument games and tools to promote automation and the collection of runtime metrics
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering automation results, from implementation to execution
- Provide new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain libraries and scripts
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - C++/Mobile
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-03 17:11:54.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.