Sr Tester (Mobile)
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 160173
Position Title: Contingent
Main Purpose of the Role
The Sr QV Tester performs different tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the quality of targeted test items. You will be the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project and will report to the Project Lead of the assigned game area.
The Sr QV Tester champions best practices and new approaches in testing, playing an important role in ensuring testing processes are up-to-date, accurate and progressive. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from partners.
- Work with Project Managers, Quality Designers and Analysts to help determine and achieve the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple the assigned area/project.
- Review database issues and consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required while working with the Project Manager.
- Work with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for creative new data tracking to support further transformation of QV testing practices.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative or design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective.
- Use end-user analytics to guide improved test strategies that focus on improving key features and user paths.
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain.
- 2+ years experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design.
- You have worked or are willing to work in a distributed environment and you can share complex technical information to different teams and partners, within and outside of the quality verification team.
- Experience dissipating complex technical information to different teams and partners, within and outside of the quality verification team.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role at each stage.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant work experience.
- Experience with quality assurance principles and practices, especially within an agile software development environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Tester (Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-02 06:11:01.92
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.