DTS: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 160108
Position Title: Manager Engineering
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Engineering Manager Role
The Engineering Manager provides leadership and technical experience to the Development & Release Engineering team at DICE. We work as a distributed team that supports all titles being developed by EA Studios Europe. As an Engineering Manager you will motivate and manage engineers to perform the product roadmap while keeping the team’s results, retention and health front of mind.
- 3+ years experience in people management and working with diverse global teams.
- Responsible for team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Provide long-term career growth assistance to team members. The individual bolsters their career progress.
- Mentor and coach to improve software engineering skills/practices, where skills are specialists, ensuring the coaching is done by experts in the domain.
Team, Domain & Tech Leadership
- Engineer Productivity – achieve improvement ineffective workflows, equipment, tools, and iteration loops.
- Fostering an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at key conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Strong hands-on leader having led at least one team using an agile methodology.
Skills and Experience
- Software Engineering Leadership – Know how to develop an outstanding CI with quality software and know if we are on track to do that with the current plan/work.
- People Leadership – must be effective people managers. Must be able to get the best out of a diverse team of people even when delivery pressure is high.
- Deep domain knowledge – In most cases, we will look for managers to be deeply knowledgeable in the technology space of their team to allow them the best chance of being able to determine if the team is making quality software for the purpose requested.
- Identify and recruit essential talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Community / Marketing Title: DTS: Software Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-25 17:55:57.533
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.