Associate Quality Designer
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 160102
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the acclaimed Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront franchises.
The Opportunity Ahead
As an Associate Quality Designer, your role is a versatile one with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A quality designer ats as a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that it´s features are fully tested as well as ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations.
All Associate Quality Designers at DICE are embedded in development and are responsible for testing, documenting and analyzing the game during production. More specifically, as part of the Technical QA team you will be cooperating closely with the Software Engineering development groups, working on the latest games and the technology behind their creation. Your role in this will also be to improve the creation experience for developers, and ultimately the game quality experience for our players.
What an Associate Quality Designer does at EA DICE
Technical QA work closely with Software Engineers and Build Engineers to drive Integration Testing and Test Automation. As one of the team you will help implement and execute Automated Testing and work on identifying root cause of problems in the software. You will be heavily involved in the Continuous Integration process, helping to ensure not only the quality of the games themselves but also the tools we use to build them and the processes behind all this.
- Lead technical testing efforts for important areas within the various projects ongoing at DICE
- Track key data and metrics to measure the impact of changes on their areas and adapt to meet the needs of the projects and quality standards that we establish
- Guide & Inspire not only those you work with in the Technical QA team but also the Development teams that they work with, evangelizing QA and the processes we use to best assist them
- Manage areas you are responsible for, becoming a central point of contact and expert in that area, reporting and communicating effectively to those involved or affected by that area
- Troubleshoot issues raised as part of the various testing efforts and assist development in resolving these as efficiently as possible
- Immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and escalate these accordingly to leadership. Likewise desire to continuously improve the processes we use, looking for ways to improve not only what we test but how we best do so
- You are already familiar with Programming Languages such as C++, C# and Python and can use related tools such as MS Visual Studio to create and debug code (Bachelor’s Degree a related discipline such as Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred)
- Have a strong understanding of build systems, pipelines, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- You will be able to create and maintain visual scripting language-based Unit/Functional tests (such as Blueprints for UE4 or Schematics in Frostbite) and be familiar with the related tools needed to run, analyze and debug them effectively
- You will have a good understanding of Software & Continuous Development processes including key milestones / stages and methodology
- Have a high Level of Experience / Knowledge of QA Tools such as JIRA, DevTest, Testrail or equivalent Bug / Test Case Management systems is also preferable
- Be passionate about games, have a good knowledge of gaming consoles and software and a quality driven mindset
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-25 17:55:46.423
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.