Software Engineer - Destruction
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160093
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
What you'll do...
- Work with technical artists and designers to design and implement real-time destruction systems.
- Apply your creativity to intense optimization needs on a major mobile FPS title.
- Research and apply state of the art techniques.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Report to the Lead Game Tech Engineer.
Ideally, you'll have...
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills, with 5+ years of experience with game technology or similar.
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standard techniques, particularly spatial structures, real-time lossy decompression, and packing data into textures.
- Ability to creatively apply 3D math.
- Experience writing shaders.
- Familiarity with the major elements of game rendering pipelines.
- A strong mental model of how processors, GPUs, and other essential hardware components work and how it relates to code.
- Experience with mobile platforms.
- Familiarity with Maya and Houdini
Perks & Benefits
- 401K with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- Game rooms with PC gaming stations, arcade machines, foosball, and more
- Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties, tournaments, movie screenings, and launch parties.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Destruction
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-25 17:50:12.49
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.