QA Manager (EA Partners)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160051
Position Title: QA Manager
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The challenge ahead:
EA Partners looks for the best and boldest development talent worldwide to partner with and support in developing and publishing exciting games that our players will love. We always look for innovative games, from small indies to large independent game studios around the world, who are looking to use the experience of EA as a development and publishing partner.
You will work with EA Partner Development Directors, Producers, and Technical Directors to extend our best-in-class Quality Verification process to external development partners. You will build lasting, respectful, and mutually successful partnerships with all of our independent studios. You will use your experience to help influence and develop the partner studios, ensuring they are connected to the right people and teams within EA's organization to achieve successful launches and ongoing support of amazing gaming experiences.
The QA Manager defines and supports the QA project requirements, planning, and deliverables for multiple EA Partner developed titles, and ensuring schedules, budgets, and metrics are defined, implemented, and reported.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership to the EA Partners Quality Verification team, overseeing the testing of multiple concurrent externally developed titles across internal QA teams and external QA vendors.
- Work with EA Partners leadership and external Development teams to determine and agree the Quality Verification strategy and budget for each title.
- Determine methods to track, and ensure regular reporting of, quality, schedule, budget, and risk for each title.
- Cultivate successful partnerships with external Development teams and QA vendors, leading through influence and looking for positive partnership solutions to all problems.
- Influence change and improvements without always being directly onsite with the Development teams or QA vendors.
- Determine the training and onboarding plan for new engagements with the QA vendors.
- Assess the testing requirements for each title and ensure proper communication and implementation with QA vendors.
- Track and report performance of QA vendors through KPIs and metric based analysis.
- Partner with QA vendor management to correct performance issues.
- Frequently travel to external Development team and QA vendor locations.
What you will have:
- A passion for quality.
- Experience as a QA Manager at a games company or publisher, overseeing AAA games through the full development cycle, from concept to live service.
- Experience as a vendor or outsourcing manager.
- Proven communication and collaboration skills with both onsite and remote teams.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
Community / Marketing Title: QA Manager (EA Partners)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-28 17:02:21.773
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.