Senior Server Software Engineer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 160025
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Sr. Game Server Engineer (EA Studios, Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team)
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What you’ll do...
- Develop ultra fast, massively scalable, highly available game servers and services supporting many games.
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating.
- Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
- Own the “big picture” and work with team members to align efforts.
- Mentor other developers, review their work, and make recommendations for improvement.
Ideally you have...
- A desire to create scalable game servers and services using modern tech for modern games.
- Top-notch programming skills – preference for experienced Java developers, but we hold nothing against other languages.
- A respect for skilled hackers and a healthy level of paranoia that drive your security-centric approach..
- 5+ years of experience with technical leadership.
- Broad experience with some of the following:
- Frameworks (e.g. Spring boot)
- Build tools (e.g, Gradle, SBT, Maven)
- Static analysis tools (e.g., Coverity, Sonar, PMD)
- Test frameworks (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, Spring)
- Linux scripting (e.g., Bash, Python, Groovy)
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
- Linux Systems Administration and/or scripting experience
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Social APIs / 3rd Party SDK Integration
- Redis / Memcached data caching solutions
- Kotlin / JVM based languages
Perks & Benefits
- RRSP with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Server Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-20 17:15:19.923
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.