Technical Program Manager
Multiple Locations: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160021
Position Title: Senior Program Manager II
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (EA Studios, Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team)
Locations: Kitchener/Redwood City
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
EA Mobile is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with experience in mobile live services. Reporting to the Head of Mobile Technology, the TPM will drive the planning and execution for various initiatives across our vast portfolio of titles (live and in development) and improve our overall technology stack. This is an incredible opportunity to ensure game teams as well as partner teams have access to innovative and competitive technologies and ultimately, deliver great games to our players and grow our business.
What you’ll do...
- Drive the planning and execution of various initiatives across our vast portfolio of titles (live and in development).
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion.
- Provide regular status reporting on progress.
- Develop, maintain and publish project KPIs that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
- Proactively assess and mitigate risk for assigned scope.
- Build and evolve an effective team; identifying resourcing needs, providing challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential.
- Be responsible for coaching and mentoring a development team; including recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
- Ensure the team has solid organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
Ideally you have/are...
- Proven Program Management & Project Operations experience in a distributed team environment (5+ years).
- Experience in Mobile Live Services (you know what zero downtime is).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience managing people (and they enjoyed working with you).
- Ability to see the big picture and tackle challenges with a high degree of pragmatism, diligence and attention to detail
- Ability to remove blockers, address incidents and ‘get things done’
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and a hunger for learning new techniques
- Proactive, autonomous
Perks & Benefits
- RRSP (Canada) or 401K (USA) with company match and no vesting period.
- Restricted stock units for new hires.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
- Generous parental leave for new parents.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
- Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-21 02:35:48.377
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.