Senior VFX Artist
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160006
Position Title: Senior Visual Effects Artist
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
As Visual Effects (VFX) Artist you will be responsible for prototyping and creating Visual Effects for real-time use in mobile games in UE4. The VFX artist works closely with designers, art directors, and engineers to ensure the game's effects look the best they can.
- Conceptualize, design, and create visual effects for games.
- Create and apply dynamic animation and simulation techniques to a variety of effects to simulate physical & energetic phenomenon.
- Work in partnership with the Game Design discipline to understand the VFX requirements, and help communicate gameplay mechanics back to the player through visual elements.
- Support the Art Director in the overall VFX vision for the game, while also taking VFX ownership on multiple environment mechanics, and sequences as assigned.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with real-time visual effects editors and particle systems.
- You know how to create high-quality, optimized VFX for mobile titles and have keen eye for timing, animation, and weight.
- You have a working knowledge of Maya/Houdini, or other commercial 3D authoring and fluid sim packages to generate source textures and models.
- You’re capable of communicating aesthetics into visual effects through stylization.
- You’ve worked on games before and have a deep understanding of the game development process.
- You have strong interest in VFX and evaluate competitive products to learn from their VFX implementation solutions.
- You are a proficient verbal and written communicator
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL) is a plus
- Experience as a modeler, texture artist or as an animator is a plus
- Avid gamer is a plus
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Senior VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-06 23:40:14.34
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.