Senior XD Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159983
Position Title: Mgr, User Experience Research
Senior Manager Experience Design
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make Maxis tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Maxis is looking for a hands-on Senior Manager of Experience Design with experience leading world-class UX/UI teams. Reporting to the Maxis Studio XD Director. We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of design leadership on large scale products/games, as well as, experience working on social networks, e-commerce, and live services in both game and non-gaming products. This candidate should thrive in a highly collaborative and iterative environment and contribute to driving these processes and methods forward. Come build amazing experiences with us!
- Drive user-centered design processes to deliver world-class design solutions for Maxis games.
- Partner closely with Maxis Studio XD Director, Creative Director and the larger XD team.
- Support the creation and management of a comprehensive design system.
- Lead through mentorship, partnership and empathy.
- Be a champion for usability, inclusiveness and accessibility.
- Lead design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Architect player flows, screens, content and states that are intuitive and engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Facilitates translation of prototypes into final product/feature.
- Oversees application of human factor principles and ensures they are consistently applied to designs across a product.
- Partner with various stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- At least 8 years UX/UI experience, with 3 years in a leadership role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and non-gaming products, live service and social networks. E-commerce experience is a plus.
- An advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role.
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successfully leading teams to deliver a wide range of digital products.
- Experience creating, contributing to and working with large design systems.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity and inclusivity.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with a deep understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- The ability to be effective presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- Proficiency in a variety of modern design tools: Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Flinto, Invision Studio, Figma etc.
- Familiarity with The Sims 4, The Sims franchise and the life simulation genre.
- Up-to-date knowledge of online product trends and best practices.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior XD Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-04 21:41:15.573
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.