Associate Cinematic Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159976
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
The Role: Cinematic Designer (Temporary)
The Cinematic Designer has a background in film and animation and has an eye for quality story-telling. They know how to make a scene feels tense, triumphant, harrowing, etc, just by selecting the right angle and lens. They can recognise the subtle movements that make a character looks realistic and believable and strive to capture that in the animation. The Cinematic Designer can take a script and bring it to life while executing on the Cinematic and Narrative Director’s visions. They are familiar with the cinematic process from previs to polish.
In addition to creative skills, the Cinematic Designer can work in the technical space to achieve the cinematic design goals. The Cinematic Designer can problem-solve and find creative solutions to deliver quality, especially when working with less than ideal content (such as lower-quality source animations or low-res textures).
The Cinematic Designer is expected to work closely with the Narrative Director, Cinematics Director, Producers, Art Directors and the senior designers to realize the feature’s vision.
- Quickly block in cinematic scenes using the game engine with the correct characters and sets and scratch audio
- Create cinematic content, both animations and cameras, in the game engine
- Iterate on the cinematic content based on feedback from many sources
- Background in animation, film or related field
- In-depth knowledge on the language of film and a proven understanding of quality camera work
- A strong technical understanding of industry software, such a game engines and 3d software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to take and execute on criticism and feedback
- Reel and resume demonstrating skills in:
- High quality camera work, composition in film
- Understanding of film process from previs to final
- University degree/diploma in animation/film
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Cinematic Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-14 19:08:29.323
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.