Software Engineer II for Gameplay Services - Java
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159932
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our platform powers online features for EA’s game titles serving millions of users each day. We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player’s multiplayer experience memorable. We develop services and SDKs in collaboration with EA’s game studios for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking. We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share.
EA’s Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Server Engineer in EASK, Burnaby. You will build scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on new improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance.
- Design brand new services covering all aspects from storage to application logic to management console
- Enhance and add features to existing systems
- Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
- Communicate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
- Endeavour to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
- Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments and our game team customers
- Advocate for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA’s business
- 3+ years hands-on Java/J2EE experience
- Expertise with relational or NoSQL database
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
- Experience with high traffic services and highly scalable, distributed systems
- Experience with scalable data storage, streaming and processing technologies such as Cassandra, Amazon S3, Apache Kafka, Storm and Spark.
- Experience with cloud computing products such as AWS EC2, ElastiCache, and ELB
- Experience with technologies such as ZooKeeper, Docker, and Redis
- Experience with stress testing plus performance tuning and optimization
- Experience working within the games industries
- Knowledge of Google gRPC and protobuf
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is motivated by creativity and individuality.
Where you will be located: EA Still Creek - Burnaby, BC
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II for Gameplay Services - Java
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-13 17:49:44.413
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.