Director, Game Product Management (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159917
Position Title: Director Product Management
Director, Game Product Management
As the Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for defining and driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for features and content within Apex Legends. As someone who is passionate about the game, think quantitatively and rigorously to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of our players. You will develop and manage key game features and content releases that further the overall vision of the game and its goals. You will leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features & tactics to impact KPIs. You will collaborate with Apex Legends stakeholders to provide input on live performance and help influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met.
- Advocates for process improvements in Game Development Framework, Gate process and Requirements. Establishes internal processes to ensure smooth development processes. Builds relationships with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Expert level understanding of game systems, how they interact and what impact they will have on KPIs.
- Advocates goal oriented/KPI driven feature design and roadmap planning across single features, a single title and across multiple titles in multiple studios (franchise level) alike. Develops a culture of measuring outcomes for releases and serves as a thought leader across EA.
- Expert in economy management, develops framework for economy design taking into account gameplay, genre, platform and business model. Partners effectively with creative leaders in studio and in central to build appropriate validation points.
- Gets appropriate parties aligned on acquisition targets for title - including PBM, Publishing and Marketing.
- Uses expert level understanding of all acquisition, engagement and monetization 'hooks' that help track performance and 'levers' to exercise during live service.
- Establishes a culture of thinking outside the box, constant learning, experimentation and validation.
- Build teams and strategies designed to drive a growth strategy for products. Develop relationships and partnerships to drive agenda with external and internal partners.
- Owns relationship with Central team and champions studio priorities on tools/tech in development and alignment of expectations.
- Partners with Analyst leadership to implement a culture of data curiosity and data democracy at Studio.
- Ensures external partners and execs are aligned with direction of the product and team.
- Represent game teams with external data partners like GAI, EADP, Player network to ensure data infrastructure and platform exists and is running smoothly.
- Drives strategic conversations with Central tech and external technology partners like EADP on technologies impacting studios.
- Partners with Game Director to negotiate for resourcing and priority with Central teams to ensure give product and game team the greatest chance of success.
- Represents the studio's perspective on business related matters to executive leadership and serves as a thought leader across studios.
- Key stakeholder in ensuring Studio priorities are being addressed by Central partners.
- Provides the voice of the product in meetings and internal/external communication along with Studio GM.
- Builds culture of measurable outcomes that lead to quantifiable roadmap features (ROI). Champions data driven philosophy across studio and at the company level.
- Builds a culture of scientific rigor where data informed decision making is advocated by studio leadership.
- Develops a culture of rapid testing and strategies that serve as validation of concepts and feature ideas - both qualitative and quant.
- Oversees direct reports that drive product review conversations and presentations. Ensure takeaways are actionable.
- Builds relationships with external parties and ensure insights from external parties are delivered in a timely manner. Encourages partnerships with other studios and Central partners to share and disseminate learnings.
- Oversees product roadmaps with Game Director. Ensures stakeholders are bought in. Makes final call on product roadmap decisions when needed.
- Defines the product vision for multiple products in collaboration with Game Director. Ensures product/market fit where appropriate.
- Owns and/or provides oversight over multiple titles in development and/or live service.
- Crafts high level strategy/pillars designed to drive business objectives.
- Evangelizes business and games' priorities with external partners and execs.
- Provides thought leader on cross-platform initiatives (i.e. player network, competitive gaming) and fit into game strategy.
- Builds culture of measurable design; develop culture and framework for evaluating feature performance against expectations.
- Expert level understanding of top competitive titles, genres, gaming landscape and business model evolution.
- Develops a culture of constant monitoring and learning from industry best practices.
- Broad understanding of most genres across all platforms and business models.
- Expert level understanding of player motivations, personas and segmentations across multiple genres/franchises/studios.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with stakeholders to derive qualitative and quant inputs - UXR reviews, CI, Immersyve, Experimentation, Analytics at a studio or business unit level. Also builds strong partnerships with creative leads across the Studio.
- Largely leverages influence to impact product direction and success.
- Partners with Community leadership to advocate a Player First agenda while also balancing with business realities.
- Builds a culture of curiosity, learning and exploration in the studio. Evangelizes out of the box thinking based on external trends in technology, gaming and entertainment within studio and at EA. Pushes for knowledge sharing and collaboration to ensure ideas are spread.
- Drive roadmap:
- Identify key features in terms of season structure, event structure, etc.
- Collaborate with Design Team, to prioritize when and how new features they create are delivered and released.
- Collaborate with Design Director when feature trade-offs need to happen to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for helping identify features to drive core KPIs (acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization).
- Partner with Design Director on identifying the best combination of feature choices to be produced.
- Partner with Design Team to improve the design and production of key features in order to increase performance (ranked adjustments, Battle Pass iterations, etc.)
- Own major events (mix of challenges, gameplay events, etc.) and collaborate with Design Team as they own limited modes.
- Own MTX:
- Feature prioritization, design and product decisions.
- Content asks, theme choices, etc.
- Own analytics within the studio and clarify how we collaborate with GAI.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Game Product Management (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-11 01:22:09.347
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.