Director, Marcom Strategy
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159916
Position Title: Director, Digital Strategy
Job Title: Director, Marcom Strategy
Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK
Opening Date: 11th February 2020
Closing Date: 10th March 2020
Electronic Arts is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications (Marcom) Strategy to work across a portfolio of exciting games, including games across the Battlefield and Need for Speed franchises. You are naturally curious, an inspiring and insight-driven thinker, a thoughtful contributor and mentor to a team of talented strategists, and a collaborative partner to Brand, Game Development, Activation and cross-functional teams.
Our Marcom Strategy team define the strategies that underpin our marketing campaigns. This global group of strategists, creative directors and copywriters define the steel threads that guide the campaign from inception to execution; including the strategic narrative, brand identity, creative platform and creative direction for our hero assets. We use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight that will progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
- Craft the marketing campaign strategies for our games
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative insights from a variety of sources – Marcom Intelligence, Analytics, Consumer Insights – and implements those best practices and insights into our marketing strategies
- Proactively champion the strategies and work of the team to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with our internal Creative Directors, copy writers and external agencies to develop the creative platform for our games, along with the persona, tone and narrative
- Focus not only on the ideation of the strategy, but also partner with the Activation and cross-functional teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the strategy
- Partner with our Brand and Studio/Game Development teams to ensure the marketing campaigns support the brand guidelines and the product
- Establish the KPIs to measure the performance of the campaign
- 7+ years experience in marketing strategy or planning
- Experience working in a marketing strategy role within a AAA games studio
- Experience launching new titles in the “Battle Royale” genre
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing
- Experience working in a live services entertainment organisation
- Evidenced track-record of creating global campaigns supported by break-through activations and content across a variety of mediums
- Proven knowledge of digital media, communications and channel planning
- A leader: an inspiring and influential voice across an organization with proven experience selling in creative ideas to different audiences
- A natural born storyteller: an innate understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- Lives and breathes integrated marketing, understands the role algorithms play, the nuances of consumer behavior in open/closed networks, and can visualize the consumer journey across channels
- Insights: an ability to interpret and decipher quant and qual data and distill the insights that best unlock creative marketing platforms.
- You enjoy gaming and have a love for the rich mythology and culture around entertainment storytelling.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme, life insurance and stock plans
- Free onsite gym, onsite cafe and games areas
- Employee discounts and rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Marcom Strategy
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 16:52:52.613
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.