Sr Technical Program Manager I - Cloud
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159904
Position Title: Senior Program Manager I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world — in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, and the Emirates — on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform organization is working on delivering the process, tools, and self service capability to enable EA online service teams to operate in an efficient cloud operating model. This requires providing an industry-leading cloud platform solution that delivers the best experience from development to production operations for our game engineering and other platform teams. It enables our operations team to manage and scale a broad set of titles and supporting services with outstanding visibility and operability, while managing costs and addressing security requirements.
Technical Program Management works with Product and Development leadership to chart the course of new cloud engineering capabilities and services as they emerge enabling our studios, platform, and operations teams in high-quality service delivery. As the Technical Program Manager you must bring a level of business awareness and ability to translate product vision into tactical delivery. You must be passionate about and represent the voice and needs of our partners: game publishing teams, platform service teams, and technical operations teams. You will work with orchestration solutions like Kubernetes, containerization, cloud-based telemetry (logging and metrics), along with on-premise to cloud migration.
- Programs: deliver product and platform vision through engineering and onboarding programs.
- Project Management: translate vision into tactical prioritized efforts with a roadmap for delivering value proposition, ranked priorities, measurable goals, and dependency management.
- Engineer planning that results in prioritized delivery, along with development and quality tasks.
- Engineer quality that delivers quality testing plans to meet acceptance and stress criteria defined by program.
- Oversee change and release management that results zero downtime and zero data loss deployments.
- Identity and manage considerations.
- Manage data and business-inspired service management improvements.
- Oversee efficient operations for services and platforms.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience with software development life cycle principles and online services management.
- 5+ years experience across component definition, design, engagement, engineering, and service management for highly available online services and platforms.
- Desired experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) stack, Prometheus, and Grafana products or equivalent solutions.
- Familiar with cloud engineering components including: container models, service discovery, monitoring and diagnostic tooling, dev chain tooling.
- Experience working with different teams and partner across complex organizations to achieve results.
- Deliver clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
- Create an environment where everyone can do great work.
- Passionate in delivering customer and business results.
- Aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
- Pioneer and act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to improve and lead.
- Listen and be open to new ways of thinking.
- Capacity and operational readiness while keeping positive collaborative relationships.
- You can immerse in data and identify key trends, opportunities, and risks.
- You convey concepts to a variety of partners from different functions.
- Understanding of, and a passion for the digital gaming space.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
You will report to the Sr Director of Program Management for Cloud Engineering, and will require minimal travel.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Technical Program Manager I - Cloud
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-19 23:07:36.037
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.