Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159868
Position Title: Researcher
UX Researcher – Redwood City, CA
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles— The Sims, Apex Legends, Plants vs. Zombies, and Madden to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for a UX Researcher who not only loves to play games but has a passion for shaping and evaluating the gaming experience. You are excited to be part of a team that is shaping the future of EA games across devices. You will apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and creative gaming experiences. You will develop research plans that span the full product development cycle and integrate user research into the development process.
This role is focused on supporting EA’s studios in the Los Angeles area: Respawn, Dice LA, and Industrial Toys. Respawn is the creator of the hit games Apex Legends and Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order while Dice LA and Industrial Toys are working on future hit games.
While the studios are based in Los Angeles, this role is based in Redwood City to take advantage of the research infrastructure at EA’s global headquarters.
- Plan and conduct user research activities across multiple platforms (including mobile, PC, and console).
- Gather and analyze data from a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, etc.)
- Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies.
- Effectively communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that promote impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation.
- Develop long-term user research plans and schedules for EA’s titles.
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to create insights which deeply affect the trajectory of their product work.
Qualifications & Skills:
- You should have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviews, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.) and can effectively analyze and present data to influence product design and implementation.
- Experience in information design, game development and design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry desirable.
- Experience working with Agile development desirable.
- Experience with statistical packages (such as SPSS or R) desirable.
Willingness to travel to Los Angeles 1-4 weeks per quarter.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-07 17:24:05.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.