Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 159858
Position Title: DD II
We are EA! And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry!
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay and Need for Speed.
What a Development Director does at EA
DDs work with their teams to build and maintain project plans and schedules to deliver against Firemonkeys Studio strategic product roadmaps and live service game releases. They play a vital role in successfully moving the team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a strong focus on quality, collaboration, and communication.
This role will report to the Studio Sr DD and be responsible for partnering with Game Team DDs and Product Owners to drive alignment with stakeholders and deliver on various project-based outcomes, including live service operations, on time, to quality, and within budget.
Leadership & People Management
- Builds and evolves an effective team; identifies resourcing needs, provides coaching, mentoring and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships that have a positive impact on the successful completion of project based work
- May provide line management to employees across domains
- Maintains regular communication with project teams and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Identifies resourcing needs and participates in the hiring process to ensure qualified candidates are available to meet project requirements
Project Management & Execution
- Partners with Product Owners, Production, Game Team DDs and Quality Verification (QV) team and additional Studio partners to manage project scope, quality and live service delivery
- Establishes a viable Project Plan and Schedule, determines task dependencies, balances scope, assigns tasks and aligns stakeholders to deliver on defined project outcomes
- Maintains and optimises team's established scrum ceremonies and development workflows
- Ensure teams are working towards established priorities and supporting the studio’s strategic goals
- Proactively identifies, tracks and mitigates risks
- Drives alignment and efficiency on development best practices and actively contributes to the knowledge base of the DD team within the Studio
- Gathers and reports project metrics and operational data to develop strategies for project performance improvements
- Ensures project documentation such as Jira and Confluence are up-to-date and reflect the current status of the project
- Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience;
- Education requirement University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience;
- Effective communication skills across all levels and organizations
- Experience in implementing and managing various project management methodologies including Agile / Scrum
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience in talent development and career management is desirable
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station.
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance.
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options.
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play.
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks.
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-07 01:38:52.133
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.