Software Quality Engineer Lead - EA Create
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159840
Position Title: Software Engineer II
A Create Tools and Technology team is looking for talented people to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
We are a team of open-minded collaborators who seek to build ideal solutions for and with our partners through honest and mindful communication. We seek excellence in all that we do, from the delivery of our high-quality solutions, to our culture of constant learning, to our passion for sharing and innovating.
What the Software Quality Engineer Lead will do:
As a Software Quality Engineer Lead on the team, you will oversee our embedded QA team and ensure its success in delivering releases that meet the team’s standard. You will also be responsible for the identification and implementation of strategies and tools to enhance our quality assurance process.
Day to day you will ...
- Manage the embedded QA team on their daily tasks
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools
- Design, develop, and deploy tools and pipelines to empower the QA team
- Collaborate with the development team to create a high-level Quality Plan for each tool, including items such as a test plan (manual/automated), a release plan, and a bug database
- Identify and recommend debugging and telemetry enhancements to aid testing
- Report to your people manager within our Development Director team, with a dotted line into our technical directors for any concern, risks, and successes of the embedded QA team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with C# and/or other comparative programming language
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Powershell)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with Source Code Control Systems (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA
- Understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working in a QA environment or with embedded QA team
- Experience with enterprise automation frameworks
The success profile for this role:
There isn't just one. We are open to people with different backgrounds and previous experiences. What’s most important is your capabilities, approach to the work, and your ability to have an impact.
- You are open to new ideas, and you are trusting and accepting of your team, peers, and partners.
- You are committed to developing excellence in yourself and others and to delivering high-quality solutions.
- You value collaboration through honest and mindful communication and seek to build ideal solutions for and with our partners.
- You are willing to own the goals we set as a team, and work together to achieve them – then together, celebrate our achievements.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Quality Engineer Lead - EA Create
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-07 18:08:27.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.