Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159838
Position Title: Senior Animator 2
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to
- Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product from the ground up
- Define a new model of game development
As part of this team, you will report into the Studio Art Director and work in close collaboration with game design, UX, engineering and operations.
Who you are:
The Lead Animator has industry honed abilities in 3D animation and is able to work the entire animation production line from integration to delivery. The Lead Animator will have highly developed communication skills and is able to work independently and under direction as and when required. The Lead Animator will be able to translate style guides into working asset pipelines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create great animation for our games
- Work with Art Director to help establish animation style and implement best practice
- Manage animation asset delivery pipelines
- Mentor junior/intermediate staff, may provide feedback to vendors
- Employ industry awareness and experience to form working creative plans
Your Background Includes:
- Superior animation skills, demonstrating an understanding of principles of weight and movement
- Effectively tell a story through animation with creative flair
- Create Animation with life within extreme technical constraints
- Developed knowledge of integrating Animation into development pipelines
- Experience with game production process, end to end
- Experience on multiple deployed titles
- Proficient mentor, able to train junior staff
- Small team management and development
- Team player able to work with and without direction
5 years game industry experience, shipped 2 or more AAA titles for mobile or console
- Experience with turn-based RPG and RTS style animations a plus
- Experienced with motion capture
- Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
- Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. . Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, only applications with a portfolio will be considered
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-07 21:14:30.967
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.