SCM Engineer (New Grad)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159820
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Job Description: SCM Engineer – New Grad
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This exciting role offers a talented individual the opportunity to work on Enterprise applications, with a focus on Source Control Management systems. You will have the chance to become a domain expert for key applications used in game development, including Perforce and GitLab. You will have the ability to work with game teams such as FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You should have a strong focus on innovation and leverage a deep passion for technology.
- Act as a subject matter expert as part of a product team to engineer high volume, high transaction source control management applications, for use by game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Participate in all aspects of a service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- Utilize expertise in a variety of domains to provide technical leadership in all aspects of the service
- Collaborate cross-functionally with network, database, storage and system engineers in order to develop robust, scalable solutions and solve complex problems
- Be an escalation point for support engineers, providing leadership and guidance
- Drives continuous improvement; may include design, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Work closely with the game teams to ensure their needs are captured and requirements are being met
- Manage the relationship with vendors, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and service owners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT qualifications
- Experience with deploying, configuring and supporting Enterprise applications
- Experience with Linux administration and scripting
- Experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- Experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or MySQL
- Experience managing or using source control systems
- Ability to conduct complex systems problem analysis and guide teams towards speedy resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrable experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- Application experience with JIRA is an asset
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: SCM Engineer (New Grad)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-04 23:05:02.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.