Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 159771
Position Title: DM
We are EA! And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry!
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a Live Service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, and Need for Speed.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Project Manager with EA Melbourne's Quality Verification team, you will play a key role in running the end-to-end quality strategy for mobile games and technical services developed by the world-renowned Firemonkeys studio. You will be an enabling leader with a strategic outlook who embraces the use of new data-centric and technical solutions, supporting your team and project by fostering collaboration and creativity in a dynamic software development environment. Your guidance will influence the way we build quality into our games from the outset, ensuring we deliver exceptional mobile gaming experiences to our players.
What a QA Project Manager does at EA:
- Lead the efforts of a multidisciplinary quality verification team embedded with our game developers
- Collaborate with global partners to support the release of our products on time and at quality
- Collaborate across development disciplines to implement innovative processes and tools that will influence the future success of EA's quality verification strategies
- Evaluate and communicate the impacts of our quality verification efforts to partners
- Support the professional development of your team
- Foster great relationships across EA's quality verification community, sharing knowledge and learning new things
The next great QA Project Manager will have:
- A University Degree in a compatible field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years of dedicated project and people management experience in the software development industry
- Excellent practical experience in software development processes, technologies and quality assurance methodologies
- Experience developing for mobile platforms in a live service environment
- An ability to work collaboratively with partners across a range of development disciplines
- Conscientious, with excellent organizational skills
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidized health care program and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidized games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team-building outings
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-02 22:25:22.02
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.