Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159766
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partnering
- Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward a goal
- Provide deep financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as maximizing profitability or resource allocation
- Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
- Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Own the financial forecast and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Design and implement reporting tools
- Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
Who You Are:
- Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years of related financial experience
- Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, knowledge in Hyperion Essbase, Tableau and Oracle preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-31 00:45:25.517
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.