Senior Player Animator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 159762
Position Title: Senior Animator
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Work with animation and design leadership to define and deliver on the vision and quality bar of player character animation
- Create and implement player character animation using mocap, keyframe and in-engine tools
- Act as a leader for the animation team, and provide mentorship and guidance
- Provide in-person and visual feedback in the form of art reviews, paintovers, and at-desk conversations
- Collaborate with writing, design, programming, and production
- Partner with a variety of external vendors to create the highest quality animation in the industry
- 6+ years of related industry experience would be preferred. Ideal candidate has experience in the full development cycle of AAA gaming.
- A degree in Fine Arts, Animation, Graphic Design, or related diploma
- Experience leading medium to large teams to success
- Experience working closely with external art vendors
- Strong traditional animation skills and how to apply them to gameplay systems
- High level of proficiency in Maya or similar software
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and/or professional artwork
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our locations:
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Player Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-01 21:39:53.497
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.