Workplace Experience and Facilities Manager
Location: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Requisition Number: 159756
Position Title: Senior Facilities Specialist
Workplace Experience Manager - Cologne
We are EA. And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe. With the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
But making games is hard work, so we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. And here in Workplace Experiences we have a clear mission for our Cologne office. We want to make sure that our office environments match our employees - engaging, creative and smart!
The Challenge Ahead
The Workplace Experience team strive to create healthy, secure workplaces that invigorate and inspire our people to be their best selves. Our workplaces and services reflect EA’s culture and values allowing us to attract, engage and retain diverse people while providing the social environment for them to connect with each other and do their best work.
Reporting to the Sub Regional Workplace Experience Manager, the Workplace Experience Manager will be responsible for daily management, budgeting and completion of all workplace related projects and activities at EA’s 2900 m² office in Cologne. You will be responsible for the health and wellbeing of all staff and visitors, managing statutory health and safety policies and procedures whilst maintaining a secure environment for staff, assets and intellectual property.
The Workplace Experience Manager is responsible for managing all on-site workplace related 3rd party contractors including, cleaning, catering and mail room services. You will also manage and coordinate building maintenance services through various vendors providing electrical maintenance, move management and small works whilst maintaining relationships with the Building Manager, Landlord and onsite security team.
You will be expected to be an active member of the European and wider Global Workplace Experience team and will be required to provide data, update global databases and cooperate in widescale projects and initiatives.
What a Workplace Manager does at EA:
- Manages the day to day service delivery to the Cologne office, ensuring the highest standards are consistently attained.
- Establishes relationships with local leadership to understand the dynamic business requirements and ensure exceptional levels of customer satisfaction and confidence.
- Lead the workplace its workplace services team focusing on business goals and extemporary levels of customer service
- Manages third-party contractors to agreed performance levels. Build effective relationships with their key account managers.
- Take accountability for maintaining all statutory standards, with the aid of a Health & safety instructor. Fully understand the implications of Health and Safety in relation to the operating environment and the impact that this may have on the occupational health and manage the risks and liabilities.
- Manage communications with building services and the Landlord to ensure smooth and effective operation of the facilities in the building.
- General administration, invoice processing, purchase order processing
- Manages the operational budget for the location, including monthly analysis and forecasting. Seeks to deliver a ‘best value’ service without compromise to quality or delivery standards.
- Manages events and game launches working closely with local stakeholders and external partners to conceptualize and deliver on key events both on and off-site.
- Supports the company benefits program, communication and well-being initiatives, working alongside an open group of employees to drive and promote inclusion. Uses social media and other tools to share location related news, achievements and interests.
- On call availability in case of emergency; respond immediately to unplanned and/or emergency situations.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Operational Workplace management experience
- A thorough understanding of both hard and soft facilities services and proven operational experience of managing both.
- Extensive experience of managing Health and Safety in a similar environment.
- Financial and business acumen and budget management experience
- Strong organization and planning skills: ensure on-time delivery, rigorous follow up. Prioritize tasks.
- Client service: ensure a high-quality delivery to employees. Be also able to balance employee’s requests with the company objectives.
- Personal effectiveness: has a ‘can do’ mentality, self-assured, proactive, open and flexible. Has the confidence and credibility to advise senior management. Works effectively within a matrix organisation and rises to the challenge of ambiguity.
- Communication: able to establish effective relationships at all levels within the organisation, initiate networks and proactively exchange information. This skill is instrumental in maintaining and developing strategic alliances with third parties.
- Fluent German and a very good level of English both spoken and written.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Autonomous and creative work in an intercultural environment.
- Great team spirit and professionalism in one of the most successful video games companies.
- Competitive compensation package including bonus, pension plan, stocks, public transportation ticket and more.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Training and career development.
- Flexible working hours related to your individual work-life balance.
- Professional preventive health care program.
- Further benefits include free EA games, employee discounts, games library, beverages, and regular team events.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Workplace Experience and Facilities Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-12 08:54:15.62
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.