Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159743
Position Title: DM
Development Manager - DRE Team
DRE (Development and Release Engineering) are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal development partners - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to lead our engagement with the FIFA team at EA Vancouver.
Role and responsibilities:
The role of the Development Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, great customer service, a solid ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal clients. The Development Manager will support the DRE FIFA team, and work in close collaboration with the other Development Manager, Engineering Managers, and Development Directors. The Development Manager will be responsible for assisting with managing scope and budget for an individual project, working with FIFA POCs/development teams to ensure all needs are met to deliver on time and on budget, and help in managing the day to day operations of the DRE FIFA team.
- Managing the DRE FIFA team
- Communicates priorities with team members
- Ensure project is within spending limits for time and resources
- Monitor progress of work
- Track and triage issues by working with the DRE FIFA Leads using JIRA
- Proactively assesses and mitigates risks
- Provide input to budget planning process; adhering to and tracking budget
- Prioritizes and resolves issues through creative problem solving skills; recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems
- Demonstrate/display good customer service and instill that customer satisfaction matters
- Liaise with internal and external groups on issues
- On-Boarding new DRE FIFA team members
- Champion adherence to DRE operational protocol
- Track metrics as required using JIRA
- Help to streamline tracking processes and procedures
- Be accountable for the committed deadlines
- Lead meetings such as Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning meetings
- 1-2 years Project Management or Project Coordination experience
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work with engineers and an understanding of the process and its impact on business needs.
- Strong Excel skills - intermediate level preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail
- Positive team based attitude
Nice to have
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Agile Methodology/Scrum Certification
- Some technical background
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-05 19:13:28.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.