Associate Developer Co-op
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159742
Position Title: Intern General
Associate Developer Co-op - EAX
This opportunity is intended for 3rd or 4th year students who are familiar with C++
As a member of the EAX Engineering team, you can be involved in some or all parts of the pipelines from development to live deployment. You will be at the forefront of constantly evolving, fast moving technologies. We are a dynamic group that is pushing the speed and reliability of developing, building and deploying our applications.
We want you to leverage your strengths and strengthen your weaknesses during your time with us. If you have an interest in an engineering competency or want to find out where you might fit in the software industry, this is a great opportunity! Growth is a huge part of building a career and we want to be part of the journey with you.
We are promoting a modern DevOps culture within the EAX teams and are partnering with other teams in EAX and EA to get it done. This involves writing a wide variety of tools and applications in various languages while evolving our workflows to increase reliability and efficiency. We need you to help take this to the next level.
During your term you could be conceptualizing, developing and designing web or console applications, creating build pipelines, testing, configuring, deploying and monitoring applications at scale to a cloud infrastructure. You will be instrumenting your application with telemetry to demonstrate the impact, security and reliability of your work to others. Some of the data collection will involve use of off-the-shelf software and data mining techniques that you will research and learn. Knowledge of all of these pieces will be an asset whether your ultimate career goals are in production, development, automation, or operations. This is a full stack experience.
Skills and Experience
- Strong troubleshooting and pattern analysis skills
- Willingness and openness to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Able to own features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and drive features to completion
- Experience developing for and deploying on POSIX and Windows systems
- Experience using build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Grunt, or NPM
- Experience with source control systems, such as Git, Perforce or Subversion
- Knowledge of unit/system testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of shell scripting
- Strong math and statistical analysis skills
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Working knowledge of networking (load balancing, TCP, UDP, SSL, VPN, VPC, DNS)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience with or understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks including, but not limited to, Terraform or CloudFormation (SparkleFormation)
- Experience with configuration management automation like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Some experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or some other Java Content Repository (JCR) based CMS
EAX Team Overview
EAX is a team within EA that defines, designs, builds and operates many digital distribution
and subscription products that are at the heart of EA's strategy. We are adept innovators
that thrive in exploring new digital business models. We connect players with each
other around the games they love.
Familiar products we drive include:
- Origin - EA's direct-to-consumer platform for PC and Mac
- Origin Access ? EA's subscription service for PC
- EA Access - An innovative subscription service for Xbox One
Our diverse cross-functional group is comprised of 200+ people with specializations such as
Software Engineering, UI, UX, Product Management, Project Management, Operations, Analytics and QA. This will ensure you are challenged, learning and growing with those around you.
Beyond your immediate peers in EAX, flourish amongst the ~1,500 employees at EA's largest
flagship studio - EA Vancouver (EAV)
- We encourage and facilitate a healthy work / life balance
- Developers are respected for their ideas and opinions
- Fun, open and dynamic environment where personal expression and open dialog are encouraged
- Environment that fosters a mindset of continuous learning and improvement. Internal training and skills development is part of our culture.
The EAX Team is focused on providing a web services platform and infrastructure for e-commerce, customer identity and other core services for Electronic Arts online games and applications. We work closely with all EA game studios and business units to support online gaming and e-commerce across numerous platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac, Web).
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Developer Co-op
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-07 17:24:15.96
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.