Software Engineer I - Gameplay Services
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159725
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Electronic Arts Digital Platform (EADP) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms with a mission to change how the world plays games. Our department, Gameplay Services, is a key contributor to that vision.
Gameplay Services lives, breathes, and dreams about how we can make every player’s multiplayer experience memorable. We develop SDKs & services in collaboration with EA’s game studios for matchmaking, stats & leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VoIP, and game networking.
Gameplay Services is currently looking to grow its networking team of passionate software developers committed to creating fantastic online multi-player experiences at high quality. To do this we are constantly asking questions:
- For EA players: How do we improve the availability, reliability and quality of network connections such that players can always benefit of the best multi-player experience when playing with friends and worldwide community members?
- For EA game developers: What are the best ways to deliver easy-to-use online functionalities to EA game teams?
- For EA operational services: What tools and operational services are required to build and monitor life services that add values to EA games.
If you share the same passion, apply today and be a candidate to join an extraordinary team that is walking the path of excitement and innovation.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Enhance and add features to EA’s existing online services and gameplay capabilities.
- Collaborate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for EA games.
- Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design, implement and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments as well as our game team customers
Then next great EA Software Engineer needs:
- On track for Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- Solid computer science background including algorithm and data structure usage
- Academic experience in software development in C and C++, knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Academic experience with client-server and peer-to-peer architectures, internet network protocols, network security
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization
- Debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Strong multi-discipline creative problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with Linux
- Engineering documentation skills
- Solid communication skills
- Team player, resourceful, passionate about coding
- Project experience with open source software
- Relevant internship experience in the same domain
- Project experience with cloud-targeted software and cloud-based development environment
- Knowledge of containers and docker
We thought you might also want to know:
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer I - Gameplay Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 18:52:47.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.