New Grad Software Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159724
Position Title: Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Electronic Arts Digital Platform (EADP) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms with a mission to change how the world plays games.
We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player’s multiplayer experience memorable. We develop SDKs & services in collaboration with EA’s game studios for matchmaking, stats & leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking.
We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share. To do this we are constantly asking questions:
- How do we balance matches to give you the most fun?
- How do we make the game more competitive?
- How can we predict and evaluate your connectivity to give you the best connection to other players?
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us create a fantastic experience at high quality. If you share the same passion, apply today and you might become the next member of an extraordinary team that is walking the path of excitement and innovation.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Enhance and add features to EA’s existing online automation pipeline.
- Be a part of the overall software design and architecture process.
- Be a champion for best practices within the engineering team.
- Work with product managers to innovate on new features to support EA’s business.
- Provide maintenance and support for new and existing services.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience in software development in C#
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing APIs for SDKs and S2S
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Strong multi-discipline creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent required
- Experience working in C++
- Experience working in Java
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Experience working with Perforce
- Experience working with Docker Containers
- Experience working with automation tools such as NUnit, JUnit or Selenium
We thought you might also want to know:
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: New Grad Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 18:53:22.6
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.