Technical Artist (Frostbite)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159717
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams. You’ll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
- Research and apply physics and artificial intelligence techniques
- Use technical and artistic perspectives to guide development of Frostbite’s lighting and rendering tools
- Collaborate with Technical Directors / CG Supervisors on game teams to advise on tools and best practices to achieve their project’s vision for art direction
- Create art assets that demonstrate how to use Frostbite to achieve high-quality physics and AI
- Troubleshoot common physics and AI technical issues
- Analyze and optimize content to achieve desired performance and quality on multiple platforms and devices
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features. You will build tech demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite’s capabilities.
You will be closely connected to content creators across all EA studios using Frostbite and may travel around the world to provide onsite support.
- Extensive experience in multiple physics and AI techniques and technical methods
- 5+ years’ experience creating physics and AI features in games or feature films
- Knowledge of scripting languages like MEL / Python / C++ is good to have but not a requirement
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: www.frostbite.com
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist (Frostbite)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-05 15:09:11.067
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.