Software Engineer II
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 159701
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experience.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Migration team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is essential that systems and components work and can use the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. As a seasoned software engineer, you will require proficiency in one or multiple domains spanning rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online. You will work with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further professional development.
- Migrate or refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit essential deliverables
- Provide expertise, guidance, and improvements on how to use Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Math or related field
- 2+ years of C++ programming experience
- Rendering, Systems, or Animation experience
- Excellent debugging experience using debugging tools
- Experience testing, debugging and extending other engineers’ code
- Memory management, multi-processor use, and runtime optimization experience
- Can take someone else’s code and work with it
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 19:03:54.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.