Senior Quality Analyst
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159694
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
DICE LA QA Analyst
We Are DICE LA
EA entertains millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
QA analysts at DICE LA are deeply embedded in development and are responsible for testing, documenting and analyzing the game during production.
The analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An analyst acts as a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that it´s features are tested in the correct way as well as ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations.
The Next Great DICE LA Analyst Needs
Analysts must have a solid understanding of the tools and workflows used to build and implement Art & Design. They will work closely with Developers to verify content both via editors and within game. They will drive Defect Containment processes and help ensure that QA and Development are aligned in delivering.
Good language skills (written and verbal) are necessary in order to document features and communicate them to colleagues. IT competence, including use of spreadsheets and database packages, is also required. Above all, Analysts must be avid games players. They must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
- Ambitious, determined, hard-working
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of development pipelines.
- Capability to be flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency
- Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce and Visual Studio.
- Understanding of commonly used Art packages or Level Editors
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
- Good knowledge of gaming consoles and software: strong interest in video games and/or software testing
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge in one of these areas (Art, Design, or Production).
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Quality Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-28 17:48:41.973
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.