Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159659
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA FUEL, a division of EA Sports creating high-quality mobile sports games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Fuel operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
We’re looking for a new Engineer to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
As a FUEL Generalist Engineer using your technical knowledge of Haxe and C++, you will build new features, enhancing existing ones, and troubleshoot issues in the live game.
You will collaborate with producers, designers, and other engineers to design, implement and deliver dynamic live services. You’ll participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, developing user facing systems that ensure an immersive and enjoyable experience for our mobile gamers.
- Participate in the technical design and end-to-end implementation of user-facing features
- Participate in the planning process, providing input into design, estimates, and scheduling.
- Investigate and resolve issues during pre-production, production, testing, and in the live environment.
- Interact with the other studio game teams on software integrations, and with our operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates
- Collaborate with 3rd party companies on software solutions
- Work with server and client engineers to define, hook up, and test end-to-end functionality
- Collaborate within small to medium team of designers, artists, and engineers both locally and remotely
- Design, write, and debug code
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech
- Work with 3rd party software APIs
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for online game modes and systems
- Experience creating tools, features, and engine components
- Profile and optimize software components of a game
- Improve software development best practices to achieve quality targets
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code
- Collaborate with designers and artists on the protoyping and quick iteration of game features
- Provide both high-level and detailed estimation for technical projects
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-05 18:58:24.957
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.