Principal Animation Director
STUDIO ANIMATION DIRECTOR
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for an experienced Animation Director to lead tying together gameplay and storytelling through the use of character movement, someone who is eager to join us in our drive to push quality to the next level. You will collaborate with creative and passionate teammates at DICE Los Angeles and have fun doing so!
As an Animation Director you will be responsible for leading and managing the work of the Animation department on both strategic and tactical levels, while collaborating with the Sr. Leaders of the Studio to deliver the DICE LA games.
Establish and maintain the look and feel of animation for all DICE LA games
- Drive the quality of animation at DICE LA, balancing performance, quality, continuity, technical, scheduling and budgetary requirements
- Hire, mentor, guide and manage the work of our exceptional animation team
- Provide daily feedback and direction to the animation team
- Collaborate with the Creative, Art, Technical and Audio Directors, the Design and Engineering teams on the overall animation direction, style, quality and execution
- Drive the evolution strategy of the animation pipeline, establish efficient animation procedures
- Responsible for animation quality and character
- Collaborate with Technical animators, character riggers and modelers
Skills We Look For:
- A great eye for style and quality, combined with strong technical acumen
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement
- 8+ years of directing animation with excellent credentials on high credibility AAA games
- Strong leadership, people and mentoring skills
- Ability to inspire and lead a team to deliver on time and to budget
- Experience collaborating as part of the senior creative team
- Ability to make, interpret and communicate decisions that last
- Skill at guiding a team to balance creative ambitions with the requirements of production
- Well-rounded innovator who thrives in a dynamic and empowering environment
- Experience and confidence with directing actors for motion capture
- Motivated & committed - good team player with a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of common practices and the understanding of industry trends
- Experience in setting up/working with animation blending trees and/or state machines is a plus
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and reel/portfolio.
Community / Marketing Title:
Studio Animation Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.