Animation Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159653
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for driving innovative animation and technical excellence. This role will challenge you to collaborate with a demanding team of animators, designers and engineers to build and extend industry leading animation systems, then relentlessly improve and polish them to perfection.
As a strong candidate, you are not afraid to challenge technical ideas. You are open-minded to change and work efficiently. DICE LA finds it vitally important that you actively find ways to improve our products and studio. You will collaborate with creative and passionate team members within DICE LA and have fun doing so!
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Shipped game titles, preferably with console experience
- Understanding of latest game animation technologies, including frameworks that interface with physics and AI character behaviors, such as IK, procedural and physical animations
- Knowledge of a variety of game systems, including physics and animation tools
- Great collaborator with animators and engineers
- Strong creative prototyping skills
- Desire and ability to continually improve and polish existing game systems
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
- Write code for video game development using C/C++.
- Independently design, schedule, and implement game/engine features that meet the requirements art, design, and animation teams.
- Add features to large complicated systems without unnecessary rework and without introducing bugs or performance issues.
- Code/data optimization to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Use multi-threaded programming and 3D math.
- Fix tricky bugs.
- Meet deadlines.
- Fluent in C/C++.
- Proven ability to independently design, schedule, and implement game/engine features that meet the requirements art, design, and animation teams.
- Proven ability to add features to large complicated systems without unnecessary rework and without introducing bugs or performance issues.
- Experience with code/data optimization to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
Other qualities we look for:
- Ability and drive to contribute towards and advance all aspects of a game.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- Strong game design sensibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Self-motivated, team player with excellent problem solving skills.
- Passion for games.
Community / Marketing Title: Animation Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 19:40:30.887
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.