Lead Economy Designer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159652
Position Title: Creative Director I [IC]
Lead Economy Designer – DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment, and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, collaborative mentality.
As Lead Economy Designer, you will design, implement and run the in-game economy for a multiplayer action game. You
will lead the engagement design team and will collaborate closely with the product manager and project leads to set the
strategy and priorities for player engagement across the game.
- Build, model, and tune the game’s economy.
- Design, optimize, and implement features to further the overall strategic vision of the product, drive
engagement, improve retention, acquisition, and monetization in ways that respect our players
- Ensure flexible systems and data structure to allow for iteration, refinement and data analysis.
- Analyze economic, engagement, and monetization data; report on performance, suggest and implement
- Drive the execution of the overall engagement plan to highest quality
- Collaborate closely with the product manager to ensure completion of business and product objectives,
- Nurture and grow the engagement design team through constructive feedback, mentorship, and coaching
Our dream candidate
- Has 5+ years of game design experience, 3+ in-game economy design in a leadership role.
- Proven experience in-game economics, retention and conversion, analytics, and data-driven design. At least 1 title shipped.
- Understands our player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social), and designs for inclusivity and
- Is a true team player and works constructively and collaboratively with others.
- Has experience with visual scripting; programming syntax and processes; loves Excel!
- Has a passion for playing and making games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a resume.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Economy Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 19:48:22.93
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.