Frostbite: Rendering Software Engineer
Multiple Locations: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 159637
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join the Frostbite team!
Frostbite is a technology and collaboration platform for diverse game franchises, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
You will be a part of our accomplished rendering team, driving the technology forward to power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games. You will collaborate with engineers and artists across EA.
- Develop high-quality rendering systems for multiple AAA games
- Design real-time rendering techniques
- Collaborate across team and discipline boundaries to provide art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Work with game team artists and art directors to create solutions
- Inspire and mentor less experienced members of the team
- BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Real-time computer graphics knowledge
- Expert C++
- Expertise at profiling and optimization
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
- Console development experience
- C#/Tools development experience
What’s in it for you?
At Frostbite we take care of our staff! In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office. However, we are open to talents for our Vancouver and Montreal office as well.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Frostbite: Rendering Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 12:52:26.58
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.